Frequently Asked Questions
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by "laying on hands" and is based on the idea that an unseen "life force energy" flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one's "life force energy" is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
Reiki is a light touch energy-based system of natural healing that positively affects the whole person by use of universal life energy. Reiki performs at every level of being—connecting the physical, emotional, and spiritual facets. Rebalancing the energy centers, provides an intimate link between mind, body, and spirit.
Reiki is completely unconditional, nourishing and invigorating in all it touches. It requires no specific beliefs and can easily blend with current beliefs. The intent is all that is required for the energy to be called forth. Reiki energy is drawn through the practitioner by the recipient, like a stream selecting its own course and rate of flow. Reiki is a transformative energy that promotes harmony, balance, health, happiness, prosperity, and long life.
Some benefits expressed by Reiki recipients and practitioners have been:
• Complementing and supporting traditional medical procedures and treatments while minimizing side effects
• Strengthening and revitalizing the body’s natural defenses
• Deep relaxation to aid the lessening of Trauma symptoms, anxiety, depression, stress, insomnia, chronic pain, loss of vitality, or “spunk”
• Enhancing creativity and nurturing personal transformation such as breaking an addiction.
• Restoring a sense of well-being and balance to mind, body, and spirit
The transference of universal life force energy to ourselves and others is something everyone can easily learn through Reiki classes. The desire to be open to learning Reiki is all that is required. Applications, demonstrations, instruction, and information are then fully explored and enjoyed for each level.